Easton woman dies in Bonner Springs K-7 crash
A 29-year-old Easton woman was killed in a two-vehicle accident Wednesday morning on Kansas Highway 7 in Bonner Springs.
Tamara Starnes was driving south on K-7 when she braked at the traffic light at Kansas Avenue and lost control of her vehicle, Kansas Highway Patrol Trooper Howard Dickinson said. Starnes lost control of the vehicle and went across the median and into the northbound lanes where another vehicle, driven by Damien G. Stanley 29, Shawnee, struck her vehicle on the passenger side.
Dickinson said Starnes died at the scene. The accident occurred just after 8 a.m., KHP reports said.
Starnes was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, while Stanley was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant. Dickinson said both drivers were wearing seat belts. Stanley was taken to Kansas University Hospital, reports said.
The wreck caused traffic to be rerouted at the intersection.
More like this story
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program