Edwardsville police investigate deaths of 2 men Monday
Edwardsville police are investigating a shooting incident that resulted in the death of two men Monday.
Police discovered the two men dead of gunshot wounds in the basement of a home at 505 High St. Det. Roger Golubski said police received a 911 call of shots fired about 4:20 p.m. The call was made by the woman who lives in the house, who was home with a 4-year-old child and heard the shots fired in the basement.
Investigators believe the incident is a possible murder-suicide. The men's names are being withheld pending notification of family members.
Police Chief Mark Mathies said the department is withholding further information until they are able to confer with the Wyandotte County District Attorney's Office and while they await autopsy results.
Golubski said more information may be released later today.
More like this story
- Bonner-based interior designer loves to reshape spaces
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years