City offers fishing clinic
The Bonner Springs Parks and Recreation Department is partnering with the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks for a free Youth Fishing Clinic from 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 5, at North Park Lake, 1200 S. 134th St.
This event is free for young anglers ages 15 and under so youngsters can experience first-hand the fun of fishing. This clinic is for both those who have a little bit of experience and those who have never fished before. Fishing equipment and bait will be provided for youth that do not have any.
Fish that do not meet the legal length limit set by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks must be released back into the lake. Participants are welcome to take home and cook all fish they catch that meet the legal limits. Parents will be required to have a license if they are fishing; youth participants are not required to have one.
For more information, contact Dustin Care at 422-3404. Pre-registration is required; the deadline to register is Friday, May 4.
More like this story
- Audit: Replacing school nurses with aides saves money
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina