Leavenworth County man pleads guilty to producing child pornography
A Leavenworth County man has pleaded guilty to producing child pornography, U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said Thursday.
Douglas M. Schuler, 40, Easton, pleaded guilty to one count of producing child pornography. In his plea, he admitted the investigation began in 2010 when a high school girl reported to a school counselor in Lansing, that Schuler was making unwanted sexual advances toward her.
When investigators searched Schuler’s laptop computer, they found pornographic photographs of the girl, who was a minor.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 13, 2012. The parties have agreed to recommend a sentence of 15 years without parole in federal prison. Grissom commended the Lansing Police Department, the FBI and Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Martin for their work on the case.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Linwood library director Mike Washburn
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Wichita animal control officers seek home for alligator
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Basehor-Linwood falls to Eudora at home