BSHS girls swim team ready for state
The Bonner Springs girls swim team continued to clock season-best times at the Inter-League Championship meet at Turner on May 9.
The Braves placed eighth overall, led by Cassie Stock’s fourth-place performance in the 50-yard freestyle and Toni Stock’s 100-yard butterfly.
Cassie Stock and Toni Stock would later place eighth and 11th, respectively, in the 100-yard breaststroke.
Madison Stumbough, Cassie Stock, Toni Stock and Lei’Onna Smith placed fifth in the 200-yard medley relay and sixth in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a new season-best time.
Elizabeth Barger, Scintilla Capalla, Akiko Capalla and Stephanie Rose placed seventh in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
The Braves move on to the state tournament in Topeka on Friday. Prelims begin Friday with finals following on Saturday.
The team will be represented in the 200-yard medley relay, the 200-yard freestyle relay and the 100-yard breaststroke.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education