Motorcycle accident in Tonganoxie sends man to hospital
A 23-year-old Tonganoxie man taken to an area hospital following a Thursday night motorcycle accident in Tonganoxie has been released.
Joshua D. Bentley was released Friday from Kansas University Hospital, a hospital official there said.
The accident occurred about 5:30 p.m. Thursday on U.S. Highway 24-40 near Village Terrace, according to Tonganoxie police Deputy Chief Billy Adcox.
Bentley was headed east on U.S. 24-40 on his motorcycle when he came upon a vehicle that was turning right onto Village Terrace and lost control. He went over the motorcycle’s handlebars and was not wearing a helmet, Adcox said.
Adcox said Bentley was taken to KU Hospital with possible head injuries by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services.
More like this story
- Man in Thursday motorcycle accident listed in critical condition
- Linn County man injured in motorcycle wreck south of Tonganoxie
- Basehor man sent to area hospital after motorcycle-car accident Sunday
- Tonganoxie man killed in motorcycle-car accident
- U.S. 24-40 accident in Tonganoxie sends 5 to Lawrence Memorial Hospital