Special teams football camp to be offered in Basehor in June
Former Basehor-Linwood and Baker University punter Garrett Chumley will be returning to BLHS’ football field to lead a one-day special teams camp next month.
The Garrett Chumley Special Teams Academy will feature instruction from Chumley and two former special teams teammates from Baker.
The academy, open to incoming seventh-graders through graduating seniors, will take place at Basehor-Linwood High School from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on June 15.
Registration costs $50 before June 1 and $60 on the day of camp, and includes an academy T-shirt.
Those participating are asked to bring proper cleats, a football with a name on it, kicking tees and holders.
To register, call Garrett Chumley at 913-406-9205 or email him at email@example.com and include your position and T-shirt size.
Chumley will be joined by Derek Doerfler a former teammate of Chumley’s at Baker. Doerfler will serve as kicking coach during the academy. Caleb Johnson, a four-year starter at Baker, will be the long-snapping coach.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs chiropractor Martha Aitkens
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs High secretary Cindy Stephens