Basehor community garden wins $4,800 grant
The Basehor PRIDE Community Garden is one of 24 garden projects across the state to receive a $4,800 grant.
The grant was awarded by the Kansas Community Gardens Project, an initiative of the Kansas Health Foundation and Kansas State University Research and Extension. In the first of three planned years for the project, the Basehor garden was chosen as part of a competitive application process.
The funding will go toward additional tools, equipment and plants, along with a storage shed. The garden, at Basehor City Park, opened this spring for its first growing season.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)