Bobcats, Braves represented on All-KVL boys soccer team
Five Bobcats and three Braves were named to the 2012 All-Kaw Valley League boys soccer team.
Senior forward Trey Kincheloe, senior midfielder Sammy Seaton and senior defender Juho Luomajoki each received second-team honors after leading the Bobcats to a 8-9-1 finish.
Sophomore midfielder Zach Ferguson and senior goalkeeper Cameron Kennedy also received honorable mention nods.
For Bonner Springs, senior midfielder Spencer Frank and junior defender Austin Schuler led the way with a pair of second-team selections. Senior forward Jason Van Maren also received an honorable mention.
The Braves finished 1-13-3 after a goal by Frank gave them an overtime victory in the first round of regional play last month. Bonner Springs’ season ended the next day in Olathe in a 3-0 loss to Heritage Christian Academy.
Basehor-Linwood recovered from an early-season four-match losing streak to finish strong and advance to its regional final: a 1-0 loss to Tonganoxie on Oct. 26.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row