Residents reminded to mind emergency snow routes
Soon enough, snow will fall and the city would like residents’ help so it can clear streets quickly and safely.
The city has a clearing priority system based on traffic volume, topography and facilities serviced, but crews try to have all streets plowed within 24 hours of a snowfall.
Residents can ease the process by not parking on streets when 2 or more inches of snow are expected.
Residents are reminded it’s the responsibility of the property owner to clear sidewalks and snow should not be pushed into city streets. For more information about snow removal, contact Gene Myracle, city superintendent, at 913-724-2000.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood basketball honors cancer patient
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest