Hollis Renewal Center announces fall chili cook-off fundraiser
Hollis Renewal Center, 11414 Kansas Avenue, Edwardsville, will have its annual Chili Cook-off and Live Auction 5-8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 21.
Attendees are invited to bring a pot of chili to share, and diners vote for the best pot through donations; the chili that raises the most money is the winner. In addition to chili, the menu includes cornbread, homemade pies, and beverages. Wayne Hawkins, jazz pianist, will provide music along with a guest alto sax player. The live auction includes made-to-order homemade pies, a Wii system, quilts, pottery and gift baskets.
The evening will end with Holden Evening Prayer, a simple melodic service of prayer and song that takes about 25 minutes.
Tickets are available at the door, $10 per person or $30 per family. Those who bring a pot of chili get a free individual ticket. For more information, contact the center at 913-441-0451.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor fundraiser carries on tradition of support for Safe Harbor
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets