County mayors offer prayer breakfast
The Wyandotte County mayors, in cooperation with the Christian Businessmen’s Committee, will offer the 38th annual Mayors’ Prayer Breakfast at 7 a.m. Friday, Nov. 9 at the Reardon Civic Center, 500 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
Seating begins at 6:45 a.m. for the breakfast buffet and program, and tickets are $20 per person. All ticket reservations must be paid in advance. Carol Levers, director of Kansas City Kansas Public Libraries, will be the guest speaker at the breakfast.
Levers, a native of South Africa, began her library career as a volunteer at the West Wyandotte Branch. Her husband, Keith, and their two small children had come to Kansas in 1989 to seek political asylum. With the library system for 23 years, Levers has held other positions. She received a Bachelor of Science in Human Management from Park University, and a Master’s in Library Science from Emporia State University.
To purchase tickets, reserve a table of eight, or to inquire about a company sponsorship, please call 913-371-3165.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups