Planning Commission seeks community input
Basehor residents should expect a Planning Commission survey in the mail in the next few weeks as the group works to update the city’s comprehensive plan.
The comprehensive plan establishes a vision for the community to proactively prepare for the future, and the survey will help the commission gauge community sentiment on several issues.
The comprehensive plan dictates public policy in terms of transportation, utilities, land use, recreation and housing for the next 10-15 years.
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in early 2013, prior to voting on final approval of the plan. For more information or to provide input, contact City Engineer Mitch Pleak at 913-724-1370, ext. 24.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas House passes budget requiring higher taxes to balance
- Basehor, Bonner school districts seek additional state funds