Annual Fire/EMS open house set for Saturday
The Bonner Springs Fire/EMS Departments will have their Annual Open House from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at the Fire Station, 13001 Metropolitan.
This event is held in conjunction with National Fire Prevention Week, which this year was Oct. 7-13. It will include food, activities and educational information for children and adults. The Fire Safety House will be open for all to learn about fire safety, and the department will offer fire truck rides for children and families. Life Star Helicopter will also be landing around 1 p.m. Atmos Energy will provide information on natural gas safety and their services, and they will also be serving free hamburgers and hot dogs. Refreshments will include cookies, punch and coffee available.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets