BLHS grad Hiss recognized by National Football Foundation
Basehor-Linwood High School graduate Jesse Hiss has been recognized as a 2012 National High School Scholar-Athlete by the National Football Foundation.
Hiss, a 2012 graduate, is one of five college football players chosen from his region of the country for previous accomplishments in high school.
While at BLHS, Hiss maintained a 4.0 GPA, was a member of the National Honor Society and won a Greater Kansas City Football Coaches Association Scholar-Athlete Award. He was involved with the Kaw Valley Chapter of Young Life, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Westside Family Church, contributing as a volunteer for at-risk kids, installing playgrounds and distributing backpacks to underprivileged children and traveling to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, to work at several orphanages throughout the city.
Hiss continued his football career at the University of Colorado after graduating as the all-time leading tackler in BLHS history and helping the Bobcats win three consecutive district and league championships.
He plans to major in business management while playing fullback for the Buffaloes.
Hiss will join other honorees for an awards banquet at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City in December.
More like this story
- Basehor chamber brings circus to town Sept. 3
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event