Forum will feature Leavenworth County candidates
Basehor Community Library will play host to a candidate forum 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, giving residents an opportunity to submit questions for Leavenworth County candidates.
The forum will feature candidates for county clerk, treasurer, attorney, sheriff and commissioner. Those who have confirmed their attendance are: Janet Klasinski (R), county clerk (incumbent running unopposed); Janice Dickson (R), treasurer candidate; Thomas Koch (D), treasurer candidate; Todd Thompson (R), county attorney (incumbent); Pat Cahill (D), county attorney candidate; Andy Dedeke (R), sheriff candidate; Burdel Welsh (D), sheriff candidate; Dennis Bixby (R) county commission District 3 candidate; and Mike Yanez (D), county commission District 3 candidate.
A moderator will ask candidates prepared questions, but questions will also be solicited from the audience. For more information about the forum, call the library at 913-724-2828.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament