Basehor-Linwood’s soccer season ends in regional final
Tonganoxie The Basehor-Linwood soccer team's season came to an end Friday with a 1-0 loss at Tonganoxie in the regional championship game.
The Chieftains (14-3-1) scored the only goal of the game when Matt Saathoff cashed in off an assist from Asher Huseman with 14:54 remaining in the first half. A defensive struggle ensued, as both teams struggled to create shot opportunities the rest of the way.
The Bobcats (8-9-1) had a chance to tie the game just before halftime, but Trey Kincheloe came up wide on a free kick. Caleb Wilson almost evened the score with a header in the opening minutes of the second half, but the ball bounced off the top goal post.
The loss ended a season in which the Bobcats recovered from a early four-match losing streak and a spate of injuries to finish 7-5-1. The Bobcats bid farewell to a dozen seniors, whom coach Austin Knipp had coached for the duration of his tenure.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Organization Orientation: Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program