BSHS student’s 5k to benefit charity
A 5k run next week, organized by a Bonner Springs High School senior, will benefit children in need through an organization called Kidz Konnect 4 Jesus.
A part of his senior project, T.J. Kimbrough-French is organizing the “Keep it Moving, Brough” 5,000-meter run/walk at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at Shelter F in Wyandotte County Park. Registration will take place 8:30-9:30 a.m. before the run, and awards and prizes will be offered at 11:30 a.m. The event also will include a one-mile Fun Run.
Registration is $10 for adults, $7 for students and $5 for children aged 10 and under. Proceeds benefit Kidz Konnect 4 Jesus, a nonprofit that provides food and school supplies for poverty-stricken children in Belize and also organizes mission trips to the country. T-shirts for the organization also will be available for $5.
For more information, contact Kimbrough-French at 913-244-4464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- BSHS grad Kimbrough-French calls Shrine Bowl event one of life's best weekends
- Loss of shoe doesn’t slow Braves’ Kimbrough-French at 4A state cross country
- Kimbrough-French wins first individual title at Ottawa cross-country dual
- BSHS boys team, two Bobcats runners advance to Saturday's state cross-country meet
- Both Braves cross-country teams place fourth in Miege Invitational