Annual downtown scarecrow contest approaches
The Bonner Springs Convention and Tourism Bureau’s annual Scarecrows on Parade event will take place Sept. 17 through Oct. 31 downtown.
Residents can join businesses and organizations in creating a scarecrow or a group of scarecrows. Judging will occur Oct. 5; $50 prizes will be awarded in residential, promotion of business, not-for-profit organization, and promotion of alma mater categories. The Best of Show winner will receive a $100 prize.
Entry forms are available at City Hall and on the city’s website, bonnersprings.org.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it