Chamber: no 2012 Autumnfest
The Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Area Chamber of Commerce and the city of Edwardsville have announced some new information regarding the cancellation of the city’s fall festival, Autumnfest.
“As a part of our movement to a spring festival, we will not be having any of the events normally associated with Autumnfest,” the chamber announced in a news release this week. “We are moving forward with plans for a new city festival held in April/May of 2013. This would feature a move to a new venue, the return of the barbecue contest, all your favorite events and maybe some new ones.”
The chamber previously had stated that it planned to still have an Autumnfest parade on the day the festival otherwise would have taken place, Sept. 29.
The chamber stated that it is “fully committed to providing a quality annual festival celebrating both of the communities that we serve,” reporting that community support for the move has thus far been positive.
“We hope everyone will join with us next year at Edwardsville Days,” the news release stated.
More information will be provided on the city and chamber websites in the future, the release stated. Chamber officials added they would like to thank everyone for supporting Autumnfest in Edwardsville for the last 20 years.
More like this story
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures