Library offers book discussion, clay animal crafts
The Bonner Springs City Library will have a discussion of “All the King’s Men” by Robert Penn Warren at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, and a clay animal craft program for children the following week.
The discussion will be lead by Dennis Etzel, Jr. of Washburn University. "All the King's Men" chronicles the rise of a fictional politician in the Depression-era South. Copies of the book are available at the library. Refreshments provided by the Friends of the Bonner Springs City Library. For more information, contact the library at 441-2665.
Children can make their own clay “petite pet” in a Kidscape program next week at the Bonner Springs City Library.
Youngsters in grades kindergarten through fifth can learn how to create clay “pets” in the hour-long program, set for 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13.
Registrations are requested in advance, as the program has a limit of 20 participants.
More like this story
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Basehor, Bonner districts agree: Block grant funding unfair
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall