Slide continues for Bobcats soccer with 1-0 loss to Baldwin
Basehor-Linwood boys soccer lost, 1-0, against Baldwin on Thursday for its fourth-straight loss of the season.
Against Baldwin, the Bobcats were shorthanded with the loss of forward Trey Kincheloe — serving a red card suspension earned last week — and fellow starter Juho Luomajoki (high fever).
Baldwin scored in the first half off a cross from the wing that the Bobcats misjudged, but Basehor-Linwood (1-4) largely kept the Bulldogs from very many other chances.
“I thought we worked the ball around well on offense by getting it outside, finding feet, and getting crosses in the first half,” coach Austin Knipp said.
Since beginning the season with a 6-0 victory at Maranatha Christian Academy in Shawnee, the Bobcats have endured a spate of injuries and suspension as part of their four-game slide. They’ll return to action with Kincheloe and Luomajoki with a pair of opportunities to return the win column early next week. The Bobcats host Immaculata at 6 p.m. on Monday, and travel to Bishop Ward at 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
“Our kids know what they need to do to turn this slump around, it's just on them to change it,” Knipp said. “We continue to stress that the beginning of the season doesn't dictate how the end turns out and our big challenge is keeping the kids in tune with this.”
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood boys soccer ends losing streak Monday, strong in defeat on Tuesday
- Bobcats boys soccer tries to weather suspensions, injuries
- Bobcats boys soccer falls 5-1 at Miege, hosts Tonganoxie Thursday
- Kincheloe hat trick powers Basehor-Linwood 6-0 victory against Maranatha
- Boys soccer: Bobcats blanked, Braves draw second time in less than a week