Candidate forum series begins Wednesday in Leavenworth
A series of candidate forums kicks off at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Leavenworth City Hall, 100 N. Fifth St. in Leavenworth.
Candidates running for county offices — sheriff, county attorney, county treasurer, county clerk, register of deeds, and County Commission districts 2 and 3 — have been invited to the forum.
The series, which the Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce and League of Women Voters of Leavenworth County are partnering to sponsor, will consist of three more forums, all starting at 7 p.m.
Future forums are:
• Wednesday, Sept. 26, at Leavenworth City Hall for the Kansas Senate 5th District and Kansas House 41st District races.
• Wednesday, Oct. 3, Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace, Lansing, Kansas Senate 3rd District and Kansas House 40th District races.
• Wednesday, Oct. 10, Lansing City Hall, U.S. House, Kansas House 42nd District and Lansing Mayoral races.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education