Learning trail opens at KCKCC
A celebration of the first Kansas City, Kan., Born Learning Trail is set for Saturday, Sept. 22, on the campus of Kansas City Kansas Community College.
Sponsored by Tri-County Smart Start, the celebration will take place from 9 a.m. to noon in the area between the Performing Arts Center and Field House on the KCKCC campus, 7250 State Ave. Free and open to the public, it will feature entertainment, face painting and other activities for young children, a fire truck, give-aways and refreshments.
The trail is made possible through a grant from Project Launch to Tri-County Smart Start, a program of the Wyandotte County United Way.
A quality improvement initiative working to increase the number of early learning programs in Wyandotte, Leavenworth and Johnson counties, Tri-County Smart Start funds participation in professional development and the Kansas Quality Rating System, which includes coaching, assessment and mini-grants for 40 early childhood programs.
More like this story
- Relay For Life participant turned cancer survivor encourages participation
- Basehor-Linwood basketball honors cancer patient
- Tonganoxie police asking for help in finding missing resident
- Kaw Valley Relay For Life alters format, seeks participants
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita