Bikers for Babies event expected to affect traffic
The annual March of Dimes Bikers for Babies group motorcycle ride is expected to affect traffic throughout the area on Sunday.
The route begins at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan., with riders headed south on Interstate 435 and then west on Kansas Highway 10. Riders will go through Eudora and then take K-237 through Oskaloosa, McLouth and Tonganoxie before returning to Kansas Speedway. Some 6,000 people are expected to participate.
During the ride, roadside message boards will alert drivers to the increased motorcycle traffic ahead, said Kimberly Qualls, a Kansas Department of Transportation spokeswoman, in a news release.
Qualls urged drivers on the route to expect delays and to drive carefully near the motorcycles.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Top Stories of 2014: The Year in Review for Basehor, Bonner Springs, Edwardsville
- Basehor's 2016 budget calls for property tax increase
- Basehor, Bonner area deals with aftermath of Monday's storm
- Lenexa business relocates to Bonner Springs