Nearly $3,000 raised for local family
Kobi’s Bar and Grill’s 20th annual bike show Saturday raised $2,880 for the Lucas family of Bonner Springs.
Jason Lucas and his wife were in a motorcycle accident in May in Kansas City, Kan., causing Lucas to have his leg amputated. Proceeds from Saturday’s event were given to the family to help cover medical bills and other expenses. Vicki Kobialka, owner of Kobi’s, said the bar and grill, 113 Oak St., would continue to take donations on the family’s behalf.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Wyandotte County fair adds go kart racing to events
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer