Nearly $3,000 raised for local family
Kobi’s Bar and Grill’s 20th annual bike show Saturday raised $2,880 for the Lucas family of Bonner Springs.
Jason Lucas and his wife were in a motorcycle accident in May in Kansas City, Kan., causing Lucas to have his leg amputated. Proceeds from Saturday’s event were given to the family to help cover medical bills and other expenses. Vicki Kobialka, owner of Kobi’s, said the bar and grill, 113 Oak St., would continue to take donations on the family’s behalf.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Slow start dooms Lady Bobcats against Lansing
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women