New support group forms for caregivers
Saint John Hospital Senior Behavioral Health Center in Leavenworth will offer its first dementia caregivers support group at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 25.
The group is designed to aid caregivers and their family members who suffer from dementia in the Leavenworth/Lansing area and surrounding communities. It’s goal is to provide a supportive atmosphere for caregivers, as well as educate them about available resources. The free meetings, which are led by social workers and other professional staff, will be held in the Mother Xavier Ross Room at Saint John Hospital in Leavenworth the fourth Tuesday of each month.
For more information about the Saint John Senior Behavioral Health Center, visit saintjohnleavenworth.org.a
More like this story
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt