McGowan, Walcott lead Bobcats to team victories at West Franklin Invite
Both Basehor-Linwood cross-country teams won the West Franklin Invitational on Sept. 20.
Junior Luke McGowan led the Bobcats with a time of 18:50 to place second overall, followed by juniors Mark Vitt (18:55, third) and Johnny Fulkerson (19:06, sixth).
Sophomore Casey Jones (19:14) and junior Tanner Tavis (19:24) rounded out the top 10, placing ninth and 10th, respectively.
Sophomore Quinnlyn Walcott led all girls runners with a time of 16:43. Junior Ally Laney (18:10) and senior Haley Stallbaumer (18.42) placed fifth and sixth, respectively. Junior Sarah Rehm (19:17, ninth), junior Katie Eberth (19:38, 10th) and freshman Rachel Tindell (20:10, 13th) rounded out scoring for the Bobcats.
The Bobcats will be sending runners to both the Baldwin Invitational at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and the KC Metro Championships at 9 a.m. on Saturday.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood boys win Santa Fe Invitational
- BLHS cross-country teams earn pair of victories in McBurney Invitational
- Walcott, McGowan lead Bobcats at Bonner Springs Invitational
- Schuler ninth at BSHS Invitational; McGowan, Walcott lead BLHS
- Column: KVL cross-country meet finds Bobcats, Braves peaking before regionals