Girls golf: Bobcats have season-best finish with four medalists at Santa Fe Trail Invitational
Three Bobcats medaled on Tuesday in the Basehor-Linwood girls golf team’s best showing of the year. Senior Brooke Schler (54) and juniors Julie Lough (55) and Candice Jennings (56) placed 11th, 12th and 14th, respectively, at the Santa Fe Trail Invitational.
Marriah Clayton nearly made it four medalists with her 58-shot performance, just one shot outside of the medal stand.
Basehor-Linwood placed fourth in the eight-team event with a score of 223, just two shots out of third and three away from second-place.
Holton won the tournament, finishing with 209 shots.
Freshmen Hanna Dickey and Chandley Easley played in their first tournaments on Tuesday, just one week after the Bobcats placed fourth at the Spring Hill Invitational after sending six golfers to a tournament for the first time.
“Both of them handled their nerves very well and showed that they are part of the future of the program,” Bobcats coach Bruce Courtney said.
On Sept. 19, Aubrey Gunn and Jordan Blackwell made their season debuts.
The Bobcats return to competition at Gardner-Edgerton at 3 p.m. on Monday.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office warns of peak time for deer accidents
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Linwood teens injured in K-32 car accident