Archive for Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Breuer elected as Basehor mayor

April 2, 2013

David Breuer will continue on as Basehor mayor.

Breuer received 357 votes and candidate Fred Box received 234.

“I’d certainly like to thank all the voters,” Breuer said. “I’m looking forward to the next four years to keep moving forward.”

Glenn Bodam was elected as Linwood mayor with 44 votes to candidate Tina Koci’s 7 votes.

Basehor candidates running unopposed were incumbent Richard Zamora Jr., Position 5 school board member; Spencer Fritz, Position 6 school board member; Shelley Stevens, Position 4 school board member; Brian Healy, city council member; and Ty Garver, city council member.

Comments

ClarkKent 1 year ago

Congratulations to David Breuer! Let's keep our city moving forward.

Meghan 1 year ago

Congratulations to you Mayor Breuer and your First Lady.

armystrong 1 year ago

Meghan: the "little man"comment on the VFW Hall story gave the wife and I good laugh, Thanks. She said and I quote "I wish". Lol,, Sorry for not responding sooner. I was getting ready for weapons training yesterday, wasn't able to respond. I may not agree with some peoples opinions regarding hiding things from the public! But, I will support whoever is elected by the people the best I can.

armystrong 1 year ago

Congratulations on your victory, sincerely. My boss currently is President Obama. I may not agree with things he's done. But, I still respect democracy and the fact that he is currently our / my commander and chief. I hope you are everything that your supporters said you are and can START leading the city into a better and brighter future. Good Luck Sir!

johninbasehor 1 year ago

Congratulations Dave on your victory. Looking forward to a great 4 years. I do wish also that the VFW will have great success in the coming year.

Mr_CorruptionMonkey 1 year ago

The citizens of Leavenworth County should sue the County Commisioners for violation of Public trust. They willfully violated their own laws by allowing Dean Oroke to sell a piece of property owned by his girlfriend who is also a former County employee (in trash services of course). I would encourage a civil suit against Oroke. Watch these people closely as they are not what they spout off to be. If these elected officials demand growth by new people, then we will give it to them. Let's start by getting rid of the local mafia and elect a few educated people instead of Community College drop outs. What a joke. Anyway, Congratulations Basehor, your new Mayor is introduced as a Community College dropout and "contractor", lol. What could possibly go wrong there? Contractors are sooooooo honest and pay their taxes. ;)

LR 1 year ago

Aside from the above "usage agreement," sure would like to know what Mr_Corruption Monkey said. Can you retype it for us, less the "usage?"

Now, let's see, 3000 registered voters and 357 votes, which is .119%, that means 12-hundredths of a single percent, meaning not even a full 1% of Basehor voted for the "winner."

The silence of the rest of the disgusted non-voters, who were withholding their votes to make a statement against the status-quo that keeps repeating itself, is deafening. Kudos to them!

So much for Plan A, what's Plan B? More of the same, right?

Ronald Grover 1 year ago

LR, maybe you should go back to school and take a few remedial math classes and learn equations in relation to figuring percentage.

Maybe this is why your arguments for changing things lack credibility.

LR 1 year ago

Bingo, you took the bait "Rong" ....it was a planned 'mistake'. When someone makes a "mistake" at city hall, all is forgiven and they still have 'credibility', and they retain their job, but anyone else making a 'mistake,' their credibility is called into question. 11.9%, or almost 12% is the correct math, and whether it is 11 percent or less than one percent, this pathetic percentage would still not give bragging rights in an election to the so called 'winner.' The voting public's with-holding of votes is still deafening, and it still brings into question the almost total lack of legitimacy of the municipal government in general. My 'arguments for changing things' still stand and do have credibility. City Hall has been given a second chance, so, what is plan 'B'? So again, what is plan 'B?'