Stephens helps lead BLHS girls soccer to 2-1 start
Three games into the season, Basehor-Linwood senior Kara Stephens has already netted six goals for her 2-1 girls soccer team.
Stephens followed up Monday’s hat trick against Topeka’s Cair Paravel by adding two more scores and an assist on Tuesday in a 3-0 victory against Maranatha Christian Academy in Shawnee.
Nicole Rutherford also added a goal in the win, while goalkeeper Brianna Kennedy recorded the shutout.
A day earlier, the Bobcats won their first of the season, a 5-3 victory against Cair Paravel on Monday in which Samantha Rutherford added two goals to Stephens’ hat trick.
BLHS opened the season with a 9-1 loss at De Soto last week. The Bobcats finally return for a 5:30 p.m. Thursday home-opener against Spring Hill in a rematch of last season’s regional final.
More like this story
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes