BLHS, BSHS track prepare for Bobcat Relays
Basehor-Linwood will host the annual Bobcat Relays at 4 p.m. Friday, and Bonner Springs will again be one of several area schools competing.
The two teams finally began their respective seasons with Monday’s rescheduled Baldwin Invitational before the Bobcats traveled to the Lansing Invitational on Tuesday. Both the BLHS boys and girls teams placed 10th out of 10 teams on Tuesday, but saw more athletes earn top-three finishes in Baldwin earlier this week.
BLHS wins two at Baldwin Invite
• Sophomore Marriah Clayton won the girls 100-meter dash, edging Spring Hill’s Meg Sharemet by two-thousandths of a second (13.278 seconds vs. 13.280 seconds).
• Senior Matt Ogilvie won the boys 300-meter hurdles with a time of 44.02, winning by one-hundredth of a second. Ogilvie also placed second in the boys 110-meter hurdles with a time of 16.14 seconds.
• Senior Ben Johnson placed second in the boys discus with a throw of 149-03 feet and third in the boys shot put with a throw of 48-07 feet.
• Junior Allison Heinen placed third in the girls pole vault with a high of 7-06.
Sophomore Sierra Smith placed third in the girls long jump with a jump of 15-10.75 feet.
• BLHS finished third in the girls 4-x-800-meter relay with a time of 11:03.60. Its girls 4-x-100-meter relay team also placed second with a time of 53.37 seconds.
• BLHS placed third in the boys 4-x-100-meter relay with a time of 46.09 seconds, ahead of Bonner Springs’ 46.38 seconds.
Kubas, Schuler lead BSHS
• Junior Anthony Kubas placed second in the boys long jump with a jump of 20-feet and second in the boys triple jump with a jump of 41-09 feet.
• Junior Austin Schuler finished third in the boys 800-meter run with a time of 2:07.58.
More like this story
- BLHS girls track wins Bobcat Relays, boys finish third
- Live: Updates from state track and field meet in Wichita
- BSHS track and field tunes up at De Soto before Tuesday's home invitational
- BLHS track and field qualifies for state in three relay, six individual events
- BLHS girls track first, BSHS boys third at Bonner Springs Invitational