BLHS girls soccer falls 10-0 to Spring Hill
The Basehor-Linwood girls soccer team (2-2) fell 10-0 to Spring Hill 10-0 on Thursday in its home opener.
BLHS coach Derek Mazeitis talked about how the team will need to use such losses as a learning experience and get better on the fly.
"We have a very young team with a lot of inexperience," Mazeitis said. "The girls just need to make every experience a learning experience and get better. We played one of the best teams in the state today and I thought the girls showed a lot of heart, we just gave up avoidable goals in the first half and things got away from us in the second half."
Thursday's loss notwithstanding, Mazeitis has seen many positives and feels the team has plenty of potential for success.
"We've done some good things this year," Mazeitis said. "A lot of learning will have to happen in games. As the season goes along and they figure it out, I think we'll be OK."
Basehor-Linwood will look for their third win of the season when they host Piper on Friday, April 12.
More like this story
- Bobcats take down Wellington in state opener
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program