Briefly: Otting, Abts lead BLHS, BSHS at Mill Valley golf invite; BSHS soccer blanks KC Christian
Alec Otting shot an 83 to lead the Basehor-Linwood boys golf team to a 10th-place finish at Wednesday’s Mill Valley Jaguar Invitational at Prairie Highlands Golf Course in Olathe.
The Bobcats finished with a total score of 375, behind Tonganoxie’s 346 and Lansing’s 378.
“He struggled on a three to four hole stretch, other than that he was playing right with the top players,” BLHS coach Bruce Courtney said of Otting.
Playing in his first varsity tournament, Cameron Kennedy also shot a 91 for BLHS.
Otting’s 83 was good for a tie for 24th place out of 93 golfers. Tristan Abts, meanwhile, led the way for Bonner Springs, which finished 10th overall with a total score of 344.
Abts shot a 78 to lead the Braves. Jake Laing finished with an 84 and Marc McClain shot an 85.
BSHS girls soccer blanks KC Christian
The Bonner Springs girls soccer team evened its record at 1-1 after defeating Kansas City Christian Schools, 5-0, on Wednesday. The win was junior goalkeeper Kennedy Bizzell’s first shutout of the season.
BSHS returns to play at 6 p.m. Thursday at Topeka Seaman.
More like this story
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects
- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method