BLHS girls track wins Bobcat Relays, boys finish third
The Basehor-Linwood girls track and field team placed first at the annual Bobcat Relays on Friday in coach Scott Russell’s first home meet.
The BLHS girls won the meet championship with 160 total points, ahead of Piper’s 136. Also on Friday, the BLHS boys placed third with 96 points and the Bonner Springs boys track team (106) finished runners-up to Piper’s 167 points. The BSHS girls placed eighth overall with 31.5 points.
A rundown of each team’s top-three finishers follows below.
• Marriah Clayton second in girls 100-meter dash with 12.58 seconds.
• Katie Hickman won 200-meter dash with time of 26.87 seconds.
• Quinn Walcott won the girls 1,600-meter run with a time of 6:03.52 and teammate Rebecca Carroll placed third with a time of 6:12.62.
• The BLHS girls 4-x-100-meter relay team of Hickman, Clayton, Sierra Smith and Maecy Cooper placed second in the event with a time of 51.64 seconds.
• The BLHS girls 4-x-400-meter relay team of Hickman, Cooper, Madison Wheeler and Ryann Smith placed third with a time of 4:33.62.
• The BLHS girls 4-x-800-meter relay team of Walcott, Carroll, Jamie Wieble and Haley Stallbaumer placed first with a time of 10:53.87.
• Sierra Smith placed second in the long jump with a jump of 15-11.5 and won the girls triple jump with a jump of 33-7.25.
• Allison Heinen won the pole vault, edging teammate Madison Howard in a tiebreaker after both reached 7-6.
• The BLHS girls spring medley relay team of Hickman, Clayton, Cooper and Sierra Smith won the event with a time of 2:00.67.
• Victoria Smith placed second in the discus throw with a throw of 98-3.
• Tanner Tavis won the boys 800-meter run with a time of 2:08.31 and Elijah Elliot placed third with a time of 2:08.84.
• Matt Ogilvie placed third in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 15.87 seconds. Ogilvie also placed third in the 300-meter hurdles with a time of 42.90 seconds.
• The BLHS boys 4-x-100-meter relay team of Trey Kincheloe, Alex Jackson, Lane Young and Matt Ogilvie placed second with a time of 44.75 seconds.
• The BLHS boys 4-x-800-meter relay team of Tavis, Mark Vitt, Luke McGowan and Johnny Fulkerson placed first with a time of 9:07.55.
• Ben Johnson won the discus throw with a throw of 143-4.
• Cory McCleary placed third in the javelin with a throw of 126-2.
Bonner Springs boys:
• Austin Schuler and T.J. Kimbrough-French placed first and third, respectively in the boys 1,600-meter run. Schuler finished with a time of 4:49.94 and Kimbrough-French ran a 4:57.68. Schuler also later placed second in the boys 3,200-meter run with a time of 11:01.10.
• The BSHS boys 4-x-800-meter relay team of Tre Scott, Brandon Moore, Deion McQuarters and Joe Casteel placed second in the event with a time of 9:16.53.
• Kyle Dumler won the shot put with a throw of 45-10 and later placed second in the discus with a throw of 140-3.
• Jordan Jackson won the triple jump with a jump of 41-9.5. Meanwhile, Anthony Kubas placed third in the same event with a jump of 41-4.5.
Bonner Springs girls:
• Mandy Ballou placed second in the girls 3,200-meter run with a time of 13:33.82.
Stay tuned to basehorinfo.com and pick up the April 11 Sentinel for more photos from the Bobcat Relays.
More like this story
- BLHS, BSHS track prepare for Bobcat Relays
- BLHS track and field qualifies for state in three relay, six individual events
- BLHS girls track first, BSHS boys third at Bonner Springs Invitational
- Live: Updates from state track and field meet in Wichita
- BSHS track and field tunes up at De Soto before Tuesday's home invitational