Kansas City, Kan., man dies in rollover accident south of Tonganoxie
A 22-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man died in a one-vehicle rollover accident early Saturday morning south of Tonganoxie.
Brandon T. Mills, the passenger of a 2000 Toyota Camry, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports. The accident occurred about 2 a.m. Saturday at U.S. Highway 24-40 north of Honey Creek Road, about a mile south of Tonganoxie.
Officers initially were dispatched to the nearby Paradise Trailer Park about a suspicious person. After making contact with the caller, it was found that the suspicious person was the driver of the Camry, Vincent E. Hunter Jr., 22, Kansas City, Kan.
Hunter was taken to Kansas University Hospital, where he was listed in fair condition Monday morning, a hospital official there said.
The investigation is pending blood results for driving under the influence, reports said.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Basehor-Linwood softball program to host camp