Abts, McClain give BSHS boys golf pair of top finishes
Tristan Abts and Marc McClain each gave the Bonner Springs boys golf team a pair of individual first-place finishes in their two most recent tournaments.
On Friday, Abts shot a 71 to win the Gardner-Edgerton Invitational by one shot on Friday. The Braves placed second overall at the event and McClain also finished fourth overall with a 73.
It was McClain’s turn atop the leader board on Monday with a first-place finish in the Lansing Invitational in Leavenworth. McClain shot a 69 and Abts placed 10th with a 78 to lead the Braves to a third-place finish with a 322, behind No. 1 Piper (307) and Topeka Hayden (317).
Alec Otting led Basehor-Linwood on Monday with an 80 and the Bobcats finished eighth with a 371 behind Tonganoxie’s 365.
More like this story
- Briefly: BSHS boys golf first, softball ends slump
- Abts leads trio of top-three finishes by Sunflower Classic champion Braves
- Briefly: Otting, Abts lead BLHS, BSHS at Mill Valley golf invite; BSHS soccer blanks KC Christian
- McClain's 11th-place finish leads BSHS at state golf tournament
- Briefly: BSHS boys golf wins regional; seasons end for BLHS baseball, golf