Abts, McClain give BSHS boys golf pair of top finishes
Tristan Abts and Marc McClain each gave the Bonner Springs boys golf team a pair of individual first-place finishes in their two most recent tournaments.
On Friday, Abts shot a 71 to win the Gardner-Edgerton Invitational by one shot on Friday. The Braves placed second overall at the event and McClain also finished fourth overall with a 73.
It was McClain’s turn atop the leader board on Monday with a first-place finish in the Lansing Invitational in Leavenworth. McClain shot a 69 and Abts placed 10th with a 78 to lead the Braves to a third-place finish with a 322, behind No. 1 Piper (307) and Topeka Hayden (317).
Alec Otting led Basehor-Linwood on Monday with an 80 and the Bobcats finished eighth with a 371 behind Tonganoxie’s 365.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Baldwin holds off Basehor for 21-19 season-opening victory
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Bobcats' bats come alive against Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)