Mill Valley baseball sweeps Bonner Springs in pair of three-inning games
Mill Valley took both games of a doubleheader from Bonner Springs on a chilly April afternoon Friday.
With the wind blowing out to straight center field, the Jaguars won game one, 17-0, and game two, 15-0, both being shortened after three innings because of the run rule.
Mill Valley's Tyler Garrison led the way with four RBIs in game one. Seven different Jaguars drove in runs in the first game, while eight Jaguars drove in runs in the second game.
Dakota Loftin and Aaron Geise picked up the wins, while Tyler Hernandez and Tanner Clark took the losses for BSHS.
Braves outfielder Luis Gardea went 1-for-4 between both games, getting his only hit when leading off the second game. The speedster grounded out to second the other three times nearly beating the ball to the bag each time.
More like this story
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- New attractions to greet Leavenworth County fairgoers
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Wyandotte County fair adds go kart racing to events
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms