Fritz, Otting lead Bobcat golfers to 9th in Osawatomie
Bret Fritz broke out of a slump to lead the Basehor-Linwood boys golf team with an 88 at the Osawatomie Invitational on Saturday.
The Bobcats placed ninth out of 16 teams with a total team score of 363. Iola won the invitational with a 325, followed by Paola (338) and Lansing (339).
Alec Otting was just behind Fritz with an 89 and Cameron Kennedy wasn’t much further behind, shooting a 91.
“It was nice to see the sun during a tournament for once,” BLHS coach Bruce Courtney said. “However, we still had a frost delay for about 30 minutes before we could get started.”
The Bobcats return to play at 1 p.m. Thursday with a trip to Atchsion.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement