Inclement weather forces cancellation of nearly all area high school sporting events
Cold weather and precipitation has yet again forced the postponement of area high school spring sporting events.
All but one of Tuesday’s scheduled events have been either postponed or cancelled. Here’s a run-down of the affected events.
• All Basehor-Linwood games have been cancelled for Tuesday. BLHS girls soccer was scheduled to travel to Sumner Academy and BLHS softball was scheduled to travel to Lansing for a doubleheader.
• Bonner Springs girls soccer at Piper and BSHS boys tennis at Lincoln College Preparatory were both called off. BSHS girls soccer will make up Tuesday’s scheduled game at Piper on May 10. BSHS boys tennis will not make up Tuesday’s meet.
• BSHS softball at Mill Valley was postponed to May 7.
• The BSHS track and field invitational, previously postponed last week, was again postponed, this time for April 30. If the inclement weather returns on April 30, the meet will be cancelled altogether.
The only Tuesday event not called off is the BSHS girls swim team's trip to Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Updated: BLHS soccer, softball games postponed Thursday; Piper meet canceled Friday
- Weekend snow disrupts stretch of spring sporting events for BLHS, BSHS
- Sports This Week: March 28-April 3
- Baseball and soccer still on; weather cancels tennis, softball and track meets
- Sports this week: March 22-March 28