Both BLHS track and field teams win Valley Falls Invite
Both Basehor-Linwood track and field teams placed first at the Valley Heights Invitational on Friday.
The BLHS boys edged Axtell for the top spot, scoring 183 points, and the Bobcat girls cruised to first with a 187.5-point meet.
The BLHS girls 4-x-100-meter and girls 4-x-400-meter relay teams each placed first, and Allison Heinen also won the pole vault with a vault of 8-08 feet.
Lane Young took the top spot in the boys 100-meter dash with a time of 11.21 seconds.
Johnny Fulkerson placed first in the boys 1,600-meter run, followed by teammates Tanner Tavis and Luke McGowan. Later, the BLHS boys 4-x-100-meter relay team placed first with a time of 45.19 seconds.
Ben Johnson won both the boys shot put and discus throw events. Johnson won the shot put with a throw of 43-04.5 and his 145-foot discus throw bested second-place by at least 145 feet.
Basehor-Linwood returns to competition Tuesday at the Bonner Springs Invitational.
More like this story
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Slide in Kansas oil industry continues to stress producers
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Kansas lawmakers to resume talks over proposed tax increases
- Kansas Senate plans to debate raising taxes to fix budget