BSHS girls swim records continue to fall as season nears end
Cheyanne Miller, Robyn Lewis, Madison Stumbough, and Lei'Onna Smith broke their own 400-yard freestyle relay record with a 4:20.04 in their final regular season meet at the Turner Invitational on Thursday.
Lewis also beat her own school record in the 500-yard freestyle, with a 6:04.65, and fell just .05 seconds short of Toni Stock’s record in the 100-yard butterfly.
Madison Stumbough inched a few seconds from state consideration in the 100-yard backstroke.
The Braves will next compete in the WYCO Championships and will host the May 8 Kaw Valley League Championship meet before state competition.
More like this story
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Seniors get ready for 25th spaghetti dinner
- Brownback to take action on bill regulating Uber drivers
- Retirement celebration set for USD 458 bus coordinator
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts