Sunflower Hills course record falls
A pair of Sunflower Hills course records fell at the 37th annual Wyandotte County Open on Saturday and Sunday. Kyle Richey first broke the course record with a 7-under par 65 on Saturday and defeated Mike Green on the third hole of a sudden death playoff the next day after both golfers set new 36-hole records at 140 apiece.
The pair broke the previous record of 144 first set by Bob Chatterton in 1985 and later matched by Richard Laing in 1992 and Stan Wiehe in 2012.
Recent Bonner Springs High grad Tristan Abts placed sixth finished 2-under at 70, placing sixth overall.
On the women's side, Pat Seber-Bradley became the first woman to win six WyCo championships after finishing first with a 161 total, five shots ahead of Pembroke Hill eighth-grader India Gaume. Four-time champ Donna Reid finished third.
More like this story
- Online comments exemplify need for common courtesy, respect
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Searching for signs of Spring to end winter blues