Head-on collision in Tonganoxie sends 10-month old, 3 others to area hospitals
A two-vehicle accident sent an infant and three others to area hospitals Tuesday afternoon.
Elizabeth Smith, 27, of Tonganoxie, was driving north on County Road 5 in a 2010 Honda Civic as a 1996 Chevrolet Lumina driven by Dalton Stites, 17, of Tonganoxie was headed south and attempting to turn left onto Laming Road.
The Civic collided head-on with the Lumina, causing the Civic to roll over, coming to rest on its top. Zach Smith, a 10-month-old passenger in the Civic, was taken by air ambulance to Children’s Mercy Hospital. Elizabeth Smith was taken to Kansas University Hospital.
Dalton Stites and a passenger, Grady Stites, 16, of Tonganoxie, were taken to Shawnee Mission Medical Center.
Tonganoxie police Chief Jeff Brandau said all were wearing safety restraints. The accident occurred about 2 p.m.
More like this story
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday