Head-on wreck sends 2 Tonganoxie residents to area hospitals
A three-vehicle accident sent two people to area hospitals Tuesday night.
The accident occurred about 5:45 p.m. on U.S. Highway 24-40 near County Road 1 about a half-mile south of Tonganoxie.
Martin Reilly, 14, Tonganoxie, was driving a 1992 Mercury south on U.S. Highway 24-40 when he went left of center. His vehicle struck a 2012 Ford Fusion driven by Sarah Kay Henricks, 35, Tonganoxie, head on, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
Richard Wise, 22, De Soto, also was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Impala north on U.S. 24-40 behind Henricks and also struck her vehicle.
Henricks was taken to Kansas University Hospital. A hospital official there said Friday that she was in serious condition.
Reilly was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
All three were wearing seat belts, according to reports.
More like this story
- Five injured in rollover accident on 24-40 in Tonganoxie
- Three-vehicle wreck causes delays on US 24-40
- U.S. 24-40 accident in Tonganoxie sends 5 to Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Four-vehicle wreck Friday on 24-40 in Basehor sends woman to hospital
- Drivers in Sunday accident south of Tonganoxie in fair condition at KU Hospital