Rural Tonganoxie woman injured in utility vehicle accident
A rural Tonganoxie woman was taken to an area hospital late Thursday morning after a utility vehicle rolled over her near 235th Street.
Meri Kelley-O’Hare, 65, was in a John Deere Gator that was being pulled up a hill by a tractor with a chain. At one point, the tractor began to slip backward down the hill and then passed the Gator, causing the chain to pull the Gator sideways.
When the Gator was being pulled sideways it rolled, causing O’Hare to be thrown from the Gator, which then rolled over her, causing unknown injuries. She was treated at the scene and taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service to Kansas University Hospital. A hospital official there said Friday there were no records of her being a patient yet.
The accident occurred about 11:30 a.m.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures