Eight champions lead huge day for BSHS wrestling at WYCO Invitational
Eight Braves won tournament championships as the Bonner Springs wrestling team cruised to first place in the Wyandotte County Invitational on Saturday at Harmon High.
Junior Josiah Seaton, sophomore Bryan Lanning, senior Jonathan Blackwell, senior Aaron Puckett, freshman Jacob Folsom, senior Patrick Ballard, junior Jonathan Carter and junior Les Wessel all won their first-place matches at the tournament and 11 Braves overall made it to the their bracket’s final match.
Sophomore D.J. Ballard, senior Coltin Bulkley and junior Dominic Salvino each placed second. Freshmen Kolbe Seaton and Collin Wallar rounded out the day placing fourth and fifth, respectively.
The Braves return to competition on Saturday at the Kaw Valley League tournament at Tonganoxie High.
More like this story
- Puckett, Seaton win titles at Husky Invitational
- BSHS' Hobson, Blackwell lead Braves wrestlers to fourth at Husky Invitational
- Three Braves win Dick Burns Mat Classic titles, BSHS places second
- Cordts earns first win as BLHS coach, Braves sweep opening wrestling meet
- Bonner Springs, Basehor-Linwood wrestlers prepare for state tournament