Deegan, Jackson come up big for BSHS girls, boys downed at Lansing
Bonner Springs senior Anna Deegan scored 23 points and freshman Julianne Jackson added 21 points to lead the Braves past Lansing, 64-46, on Tuesday.
The Braves led by just six at halftime but extended their lead to 48-33 after the third quarter. The win was their seventh straight and improved them to 14-2 (9-1 in the Kaw Valley League).
Meanwhile, the BSHS boys took a 13-9 first quarter lead against the Lions, but Lansing ran away with the game to hand the Braves a 51-29 defeat.
Senior Tyler Howell led the Braves (7-9, 3-7 in the KVL) with 10 points and was the only player to reach double figures. BSHS fell behind, 26-20, at halftime before the Lions held the Braves to just nine second-half points.
Both teams return to league play Friday when they play host to Basehor-Linwood.
More like this story
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas set to outsource vehicle dealer title services
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education