Deegan, Jackson come up big for BSHS girls, boys downed at Lansing
Bonner Springs senior Anna Deegan scored 23 points and freshman Julianne Jackson added 21 points to lead the Braves past Lansing, 64-46, on Tuesday.
The Braves led by just six at halftime but extended their lead to 48-33 after the third quarter. The win was their seventh straight and improved them to 14-2 (9-1 in the Kaw Valley League).
Meanwhile, the BSHS boys took a 13-9 first quarter lead against the Lions, but Lansing ran away with the game to hand the Braves a 51-29 defeat.
Senior Tyler Howell led the Braves (7-9, 3-7 in the KVL) with 10 points and was the only player to reach double figures. BSHS fell behind, 26-20, at halftime before the Lions held the Braves to just nine second-half points.
Both teams return to league play Friday when they play host to Basehor-Linwood.
More like this story
- Friday night hoops: Deegan scores 30 in blowout, Lansing hands boys third straight loss
- BSHS girls, boys sweep Bishop Ward to extend winning streaks
- BSHS girls down Perry-Lecompton, 66-35, to reach Friday's sub-state semis
- BSHS girls basketball team strikes back, downs Piper, 46-39
- BSHS winter sports at the break: Deegan leads 5-1 girls, boys seeking end to slide