Candidates sought for Silver Haired Legislature
Kansas Silver Haired Legislature is calling for any Kansans over 60 years of age to register to become a candidate.
The SHL is a unicameral legislative body consisting of 125 representatives and provides an educational experience and an opportunity to identify policy concerns for Kansas’ older adults.
The SHL develops bills and resolutions that are presented to the Kansas Legislature and Governor Sam Brownback as recommendations for state policy.
Elected Silver Haired Legislators are responsible for advocating for their legislation, testifying at hearings on SHL legislation and meeting with older adults in their county/district.
For more information or to register, visit kdads.ks.gov. Forms must be returned no later than Thursday, Feb. 14.
More like this story
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes