Mayoral primary election set for Feb. 26 in Basehor
With four candidates filed to run for mayor, a primary election will take place Feb. 26.
The top two elected in the primary will move on to the general election April 2.
Voters will only be able to vote for one candidate in the primary. Candidates are Fred Box, incumbent David K. Breuer, Scott A. Kendrick and Alan H. Townsend.
Polling for the primary will take place 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 2 at Holy Angels Catholic Church, 15410 Leavenworth Road.
Advance voting for the primary will take place Feb. 6-25. Absentee ballots will be mailed out until Feb. 22 and must be received by the Leavenworth County Clerk’s Office by 7 p.m. on Feb. 26.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row